Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hack Work

So maybe I'm not really a professional photographer after all.

If I was a professional photographer, I'd know my camera inside out. I'd have my own printers. I probably wouldn't be able to sell my photos at the prices I do, but I'd know what it meant to be a professional photographer. As it stands, I am more of a hack.

But maybe I am a professional musician. Having been paid a cool five bucks by the Sunset Tavern, and with a check from the Cherry Street Coffee House coming down the pipes, it appears I have finally realized my dream of getting paid to make music. It's not much, obviously, but it boils down to less hack work than my real job. I think. Whatever. Still a long way to go.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for music and yay for checks and yay for hack work that pays the bills! p.s. Martell and I both tried to comment on your video, but for some reason they didn't show up. But good on ya mate. I like it.

    ReplyDelete